Welcome to Year 6
Year 6 team: Miss Hulley, Miss Roberts and Miss Creevy
We have settled into the new school year and your children are already working hard. I am looking forward to working with the children and you, their families, again this year.
Children should be in school at 8:30am for us to be able to start the school day.
- PE lessons take place on a Tuesday and PE kit can be worn to school on that day.
- Please ensure all items of uniform and PE kit have your child’s name in them
- Home reading must be done every day it ensures children are working on their fluency and understanding
- Spellings and timetables should be learnt on a nightly basis. The children all have a log in for TT rock stars which can help them learn their timetables.
- Spelling lists for the following week will be given out on a Friday and children will bring these home to learn.
- Homework will be given out on a Monday and a Friday. Literacy homework is given out on a Friday to be returned on a Monday. Maths homework is given out on a Monday to be returned by the Wednesday.
SATS week will be the week beginning Monday 13th May 2024. This is when the children will sit the statutory end of primary school tests.
Trips this year:
Crosby Hall Residential: 26th – 28th February – Please note the change in the time of the year.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to speak to me, either on the playground or via class dojo messages.